CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 6, 2008

My Skater Boys

So we live in a neighborhood where most of the kids are all older. When i mean older ..most of the kids on this street are between 12-15. Our street is full of boys and my two little ones love to be outside trying to be just like them! Well most of the kids here on the street are good kids so i dont worry too much. The boys are always out playing football or soccer, but for the last little bit everyone has been skateboarding.

Mr. C has been asking for a skateboard forever but i havnt really wanted him to get into it. I really dont want him to break his leg again!! Well.. This neigbor guy down the street is probably in his late 30's and he is always out skateboarding with his two daughters. They are the closet kids to Mr.C'a age on the street..i think they are like 6 and 8. These little girls are amazing at skateboarding! Well that guy saw my two kids, and was watching little G zip around on his scooter. He is a crazy boy on his scooter and it is hard to believe he is only two. My neighbor came over to me and asked how old little gavinator was. I said he just turned two. The neighbor just about died because he couldnt believe how awesome little G was on his scooter at two. He wanted to see the two boys skateboard. He said the way they were on their scooters they would be awesome at skateboarding. (I thought Mr.C was just given tickets to disneyland or something. He was soo excited!)So this neghbor walked up to his house and brought down two skateboards. One was a normal size for Mr. C and then he has this little mickey mouse board that he wanted to see little G try to ride. Apparently in the skateboard world..the smaller the board the harder it is to ride. He actually had Mr. C start out practicing on one of those "huge" long boards and he was doing well. So Mr.C started practicing on the regualar size board.

We really didnt work alot with little Gavinator because i was making sure Mr. C didnt fall and break something... So little G decided to take matters into his own hands and teach himself. He literally started to skate! AGHHH! The boy is only two, and barely two for that matter! I didnt think the boys would actually pick it up. Well, i was wrong..they both did! And fast too! We were all soo amazed with both Mr C and little Gavinator, and how cute they were on their skateboarding... I still cant believe little G can skateboard!

I used to skateboard a little when i was younger...so i totally shocked Mr.C and the neighbors watching, when i landed a trick on the skate board.It was pretty funny. I was impressed that i was able to pull it off too, since i was only had on flip flops. My kids were all excited when the neighbor decided to just give my boys those skateboards to practice on. These boards arent the best...i mean the one needs new wheel barrings because they are pretty screwed up, but it works for now! They love these skateboards. That is all they want to do..rain or shine..All i know is, I guess I just need to watch out because i think i just opeaned up a can of worms i didnt know i wanted to open! At least for now they look adorable doing it!







12 comments:

Family

Skater boys now huh? Tsk tsk tsk. Hey, better skate boarding than sniffing glue. (Although I do hear that skating boarding IS a gateway activity). How does it feel to be so close to that slippery slope that your kids might just slide away? (or in this example, SKATE away)....

Ah, you know I am just giving you a hard time Sha Sha. Your kids look cute in the pics and I can't wait to get my kids back outside playing around (I HATE this apt, but hey, we sold our house while none of our neighbors have, so I do feel good about that) Later little sis. MDP and fam

Hesses Madhouse

I love the photos! Sooo cute!

Brett and Becca Muir

He looks so cute in his skating gear!! What a nice mom to let him get a skate board hey at least they are outside enjoying being a kid. Hey my family is thinking of coming to portland to see my sister graduate next june, so i will let you know but i would love to come visit you too. I will keep you posted.

Jen

The boys are so cute on their skate boards. Wish you had a picture to post of your skate trick!

Family

I love the pictures. I love your skater boys. TOO CUTE!!! They will have to show Dallen and Darren a thing or two.
love Jocie

Anonymous

Such Cute Pictures!

my goodness.....you must be one proud Momma!

Tonya

I just want to see you land a trick on a skateboard! I don't even know what that is, but it sounds exciting:0)

Nick and Amera

Honestly your the first person I thought of when I got my zophran!! Thanks for the suggesttion! Oh and about your cute boys.....LOVE THE SKATER PICTS! Your boys are dang cute Shauna!!

tara

OH my gosh they are so cute!! THat is so funny they picked it up so quickly..they totally look like naturals ;)

The Mac Clan

I say when gavin is famous and the next Ryan Sheckler he can give a shout out to me. Brian says ...Job Security,(if he were to give in and test with Portland)

Shawn

Way to go little skater dudes! It sounds like going with a bigger board is the way to do it. I'll have to remember that the next time Isaac takes a spill on his little skate board, and I want to just say, "It's not that hard!" Good to know, good to know.

Mich and Nate

Skater for life baby! I freakin love it! You are the best mom ever! I told my dad I am blog friends with you and he loved it!