CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

LITTLE PEOPLE BIG WORLD!!



WARNING:: LONG POST!! It is ok if you fall asleep reading!!

What a fun filled weekend we had! We made it to ROLOFF FARMS!! It was sooo awesome. J was making fun of me the whole day..he thinks I am a little pople big world "stalker"! hahaha! He wasnt too excited about the whole idea of going out there..He has a little "phobia" ...but he was a good sport. I am positive he had a good time. He doesnt watch the show..but the kids and i are hooked. Mr. C has been wanting to go and meet the kids. He always talks about wanting to play soccer with them..I knew that he would probably not get the chance to play soccer with them...but i thought if we all went to the pumpkin patch he would at least be able to see them in person.

We(meaning basically mr.c and i) have been wanting to go to Roloff farms for at least two years but it has never worked out. This year I was determined to get there...We decided to go on Sat afternoon.

When i was at work sat morning i was talking to the girls about going to the farm that afternoon. They all had worried looks on their faces. They said " are you crazy". A few of them had been last year, and they said the crowds were horrbile. The line for the tour is always crazy long. It can back up for over a half a mile. But i was still determined to go. I knew it was the last weekend it was open. We were going on a sat for peets sake, so i didnt know what to expect...i knew it would be crowded..i just didnt know how crowded it would be. I kinda figured we would try to get their a little bit before it closing and then hopefully it would not be such a mad house. We all know how my husband loves crowds! And we all remember how "excited"he was at the beginning to go!! hahaha!

So i get home from work and i am scrambling to get everyone out the door...thanks michelle and greg for being so patient with our super SLOW family! ...ok...well super slow J...hahaha! love ya babe! WE finially made it out the door..and it was only about 30 minutes after i had planned on leaving..(man are we ever ontime??!!)

We pull in to Roloff Farms...I am soooo freakin excited. Greg and Michelle are excited...my kids are excited. I keep telling J how exciting this is going to be.
It was soo cool to see it all in person..and not on TV. Their is a cop sitting at the enterence making sure traffic is getting through. You can see kids directing traffic through for parking...and as you drive in you see the huge crane where the the TV crew is filming. J is just a little bit frustrated because he really didnt want to deal with a ton of people and he really didnt want to wait in a huge line...but again michelle and I were determined...we couldnt wait...
So we get out and walk down to the Farm. We talk over what we want to do..They offer a couple tours. One is of the little "old town" area and then you can get to see the pirate ship and castle Matt roloff made...Or they do a tour of the property. We wanted to to the tour of the little town. You get to stop in the little "old town" . You can walk around take pictures then at the end his son Zach is there so you can take pictures with him. Michelle and I send the men up to buy tickets. I look down and i see a line...i look carefully and see that it is Amy Roloff taking pictures with people...SWEET!!! We want our picture with her too... I am sooo pumped because it really isnt very crowded...we lucked out big time!


So the husbands get back and we go get in line for the famous "tour". I was expecting this crazy long line...but it wasnt long at all. We waited in line for maybe 5 minutes. As we were waiting we see matt roloff...We get on the wagon tour and we make our way to old town. On our way into town we see The oldest twin Jeremy Roloff. The Roloff house is seriously amazing! It is sooo beautiful! I love the remodel they have done....the kids are excited to get into old town and then to also see the pirate ship they built. We take some pics, admire how awesome this "old town is... and then we make our way over to get pics with Zach. Mr.C is pretty excited...Little G is totally freakin out. He completly freaked out when Amy Roloff tried to hold him for the group pic..and he freaked out again when we stood by zach. He is scared freakin to death of these little people ..i am thinking maybe it is because they are the same size as him..but look like adults... but who knows..he just gets freaked out...(i think he is related to his dad)soooo funny...Then we have noah(michelle and gregs boy)who finially realizes that something is... well...different with these people! Noah leaned over and asked his mom, "Mom.. why he is sooo little!" I am dying of laughter...i love the innosence of a child! Zach laughs..And all the rest of us are dying of laughter. When it is my turn to get pics with Zach, I tell him my kids and I love watching him on the show. I told him that i am sorry he has to sit and smile all day long for people..that would suck...and i told him if he ever wanted to have a soccer match..well then I would kick his butt! hahaha! he was laughing pretty hard..it was funny.
Here are some pics from old town.






After old town we got to see the pirate ship and also the castle they made. Wow..this really would be a kids dream to live on this farm..
The pirate ship has bunk beds built inside for sleep overs...and it is heated..How cool is that!
I had to post my favorite picture from the wagon tour:
"aint it cute!" (side note: check the dude right in the middle..hahaha)that guy just cracks me up!

After the fun filled wagon ride we get off. We go down to check this out!! Can you believe they own one of these!!


It was soo amazing! It is a pet..CRAZY!!The husbands and the kids loved it. You dont get to pet one of these everyday so that was pretty awesome!

We finished off the night by checking out the reptile zoo and looking for pumpkins...that is a whole other story for another day..but it was fun.

This was such a fun night. I hope anyone that wants to come visit us next Oct...watch out because we are for sure going to Roloff Farms!! I highly recommend it! And those of you who havnt seen or heard of Little People Big World...Watch it. It is on TLC on monday nights! It is awesome! (sheesh... i need to contact the show and see about getting paid for this awesome advertising i just did for them!)I still cant talk J into watching it..but i think i talked michelle into it!! Go Little People! I love you!!

11 comments:

Dayna

Oh I am so glad you got to go. What fun. Next year I want to go with you.

Love,
Ma,(Dayna)

M

I'm so glad we went! That was totally awesome and very, very fun! I just love the pic of me and g...

Anonymous

Okay, I am for sure going next year with or without my husband. (It will probably be without. He refuses to go.)

Michelle

Madame Mauri

How fun!! I am so jealous!! We LOVE little people big world and watch it EVERY week! I love that family! We totally want to go there someday. That is so great that you were able to meet some of the family and do all the tours, I would love to see all of that in person. What a great experience and great pictures. Seriously you should have a soccer match with Zach, that would be so fun!! How far away is it from where you live? Another city? What a great tradition to start!

Brett and Becca Muir

That is so awesome!! I love that show i use to watch it all the time, but we don't have that channel anymore! I am totally jealous what a fun little trip!!

Mom OT

I LOVE that show!!! That is so awesome that you got to meet them!!! I would totally be a stalker of stars if I could!

Family

How fun!! OK you win. You get the prize for going to the best pumpkin farm ever. So jealous looks like alot of fun.

Jamber

Oh man you are so dang lucky! It looks like so much fun. I want to go... Maybe next year we will live there. ;)

Shawn

What a cool experience! I watch the show myself, and even Jeremiah regognized the family of little people! What a fun thing to do with your kids. I bet C will remember it for a long time!

Tonya

My sister tried to talk us into going and what do ya know? My hubby was being a pill, so good job for dragging Jesse there:0) I think it sounds so cool! Next year I will make it happen for sure. Now that i've seen the pictures I have to go. The kids would LOVE it!

Seth

ah midgets, God's little punchlines :)