CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!



I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas this year! I have posted some pics of the kids visiting Santa last night! It was Halirous! I was soo sick of being stuck in the house, so j and i ventured out on the horrible streets so the kids could see Santa! It was worth all the choas on the roads! I hope everyone has a good christmas!

oh ya...so I do have a tear jerker story for you...So yesterday was kinda of a bummer day for my lil family. J's family had gotten up at 300am from layton, Utah to be able to make it to portland by yesterday afternoon. There was only a small window of time they could come because there is a new storm system that is supposed to hit today. Now we have like 16 inches of snow and ICe, and today we are expected to get 4 more. J and I were nervous that I-84 at the dalles would still be closed(it had been closed all sat, sun and monday) Miracaulsy the road opened up tuesday morn so we were soo excited for his family to be able to make it here.

Well they got to Idaho..and guess what...Idaho closed I84 so there was no way they could come. They had to turn around and drive back to layton, utah. And because of the new storm i knew there would be now way they could make it here. I wanted them to be safe too..the roads here really are treturious. We were all pretty bummed and MR.C has been especially taking this pretty hard. He cherishes his time with his grandma's and grandpa's.

Mr.C telling santa what he wants for xmas!


Well J and i decided that just because this was going to be a small quiet xmas by ourselves, we would try to make the best of it. But that didnt mean we werent totally bummed. I too spent my fair share cyring that morning! So i had to get out yesterday and keep myself busy.

Well..we arrived for the kids to be able to see Santa. Mr.C crawls on his lap and is soo happy! Santa then asks Mr C if he has been a good boy. Mr.C then tell him that all he wants to christmas was for his grandma and grandpa to be able to be with him for christmas! Sheesh...i teared up and tears were streaming down my face. I felt like someone punched me in the Gullet! IT was sooo sweet! I knew that because of the weather, this wish would not be able to come true this year, but i encoured Mr.C to tell santa what kind of toys he would like since he has been for the most part a good boy. Conner then excitedly tells santa he wants a transformer helmet and a remote control car. Oh it was soo sweet. We are going to miss having family with us this christmas but i understand that things like this stupid weather make that hard when we live to far away!

Anyhow..We are soo grateful for our family. I hope that everyone REALLY cherishes this holiday.. I know that i have and i love being able to focus on what Christmas is REALLY ALL ABOUT!

Below enjoy the funny pics of little gavinator sitting on santa's lap! hehehe

Picture 1: the classic kid screaming on his lap!


Picture 2: He is holding out his hands crying "mommie..need you"


Picture 3: he stops crying and is just sadly saying "mommy". He is still trying to reach for me.


Picture #4: well, he stops crying! and he finially tells sants that he wants a "choo choo" for xmas. But as you can see, He will NOT look at Santa. He just stares straight forward and is looking at me! HaHaha, Can you tell he is NOT happy with this at all!


Hahahaha i loved these pics! but at least sants know nows what little Gavin will want for christmas!

3 comments:

Angelica's Family Adventures

Bummer on the family traveling up! What a crazy year for snow!

Merry Christmas!

Leanne

Cute pictures! I'm sorry your family wasn't able to come. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas with your cute little family.

Family

Sha Sha- we love and miss you! I'm sorry your inlaws couldn't make it for Christmas. Total bummer. Good news though- at least your husband was able to fulfill his Christmas wish of walking around the house in his birthday suit all day long humming "Carol of the Bells"- and for that I am grateful. Merry Christmas from your 5th most favorite sibling.