CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Great Un-Washed!

This is one of the hubby's favorite term's. He uses it quite often when it comes to going out and doing things where there are usually alot of "interesting" people. This term is especially fitting when it comes to our local fairs and events that we have attended lately. It also applys when you go into walmart, or winco or any other money saving store which, I of course love. Well this past week, I had an experience. In fact as i sit and type this i am belly laughing, and my kids are looking at me like i am crazy.

Last week, I was attempting to find gavins little birthday present. I had been to about 6 different stores. No one had what he wanted. I had even called about 6 different stores to no avail. Thankfully, my hubby called the local Kmart here, and they ended up having one. I had been out shopping and looking all day, so conner and i decide we need to hightail it over to Kmart so i can pick up his gift. I was going to get urked if the one that was left was gone by the time we got there.

I get to the check out. I get up to the register and i open up my wallet. I was going to use the 50 dollar bill I had just put in my purse the night before.( I am not sure what it is with my family and 50 dollar bills, but i couldn't find it anywhere.) I start to panic because this is how I was going to pay for his birthday present. I ask conner if he has seen the bill. (we all know what happened last oct ahahahahaha!) He hasn't seen it, nor did he know i had one. I panic and decide if i should call jesse and see if by chance maybe he grabbed it? No,,,he wouldn't have. He just gave it to me the cash last night just so i get get gavins present. Well, as i am figuring out in my brain how i am going to pay for this, (apparently the lady at the register heard me talking to conner about it), She looks at me and says, "oh NO...50 dollars is Alot of money.(she was totally looking concerned too) She then told me(you ready for this) 50 dollars is like 2 twenties and a ten!, That is alot of money. "

I sat there and almost choked. I had to clear my throat several times because i looked at her and she was dead serious. She didnt even crack a smile about it. Good Glory..i cannot believe she said that. As I am laughing under my breath, I look down down and i found my crumpled up 50 dollars..behind my receipts, just where i put in last night. Phew...i could pay for his gift and get the heck out of the store. I laughed all the way home..then laughed some more when i told jesse...then laughed a whole lot more as the night went on. It is just too funny to me.
Gotta love the great unwashed!