CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 3, 2010

"The Friend" PART ONE

Conner has this little friend in his class. . They are the best of friends at school. His teacher comments all the time at how cute they are together and how well they play. I hear constantly about how he wants to have play dates with this little friend..

here is his best school friend:


jordan:)


SInce the beginning of school year, he and jordan have hit it off. They have alot in common. They both just gravitated towards each other. The teacher tells me they are both the oldest in his class. They both breeze through their work assigments b4 anyone else does. They love to see who can get their work done the fastest without having any mistakes. They both love love love to be around each other. I hear from conners teacher that they are unseperable. I have asked conner over and over again if he has a "crush" on jordan and of course he tells me NO! ahahaha..I just dont believe him. I beg to differ with some funny stunts that i have cought him doing. I just had to document these stories cause one day he will die of laughter, that and they make me laugh too.

What conner does on occasion if u ask him about jordan:


This is what i found in conners back pack the other day. I am always finding little drawings and notes in his backback that she has made for him. I was laughing about the fact that he he wrote this and tried to sneek it in without me knowing.



conner and jordan:


He just glows when he talks about her. He gets sooo excited to see her at school. Watching him, it made me do some of my own reminicing from when i was little.

It brought me back to when i was in 3rd grade. I had the biggggest crush on this boy in school. We liked each other cause we were both the fastest runners in school! ahahaha..the memories of my 3rd grade "love", I called it! GOod ol' ,Kunito Hashimoto, yes that is his name .. Oh the memories..in fact, I considered him my "BF" from 3rd to like 6th graden. I considered my "boyfriend" one of my closet buddies. I guess i must also mention i did kiss him in third grade ...yes u heard it..i had my first kiss in 3rd grade. (sorry mommy!)(but u already knew that) I remember one of our "dates". We went with his mom, and we saw the movie "fivel goes west". Oh the excitment I had with my 3rd grade crush. I remember being sooo excited when we would play and hang out. I remember racing as fast as i could to his house and he would do the same to mine. oh the joys of all the memories from our first little "crushes".

Now fast forward to my little boy, COnner. Back in Nov my parents came out to spend the holiday with us. One day, after school, gavin came into my room holding half of a $50.00 bill. I had a double take looking at it. My brain thought there was no way it could be $50.00..I mean $50 bucks..that is a heck of alot of money for my little man to be carrying. I don't even have that money to my name, so i had no clue where he got it. I asked him. I could tell he didnt want me to take it. Gavin breaks the silence by saying, "conner gave it to me."

I call conner in for a little mommy son conference. Conner is fidgeting. I can tell he is not telling me the whole true story. He told me he found the money, and he tore it in half and left the other half on his desk at school. I FREAK OUT! (I know, i know)..this is where my finicially stressed self kicks in, and i freak out. I mean, I really didnt have 50 bucks..yet alone where on EARTH Would he get this 50 bucks. I call his teacher. No answer. I email his teacher. No answer. SO, needless to say I go back to conner to try to find out the REAL STORY! He broke down and started crying. He took the money. He then tore it in half. He then gave half to his brother and then he brought the other half to give to jordan at school.

That evening we had many lessons on telling the truth. That at least was a success. I called my dad just bawling. How on earth could my son do this! How could he...until my dad had to snap me back into reality. Conner has no concept of money. He doesnt know $1.00 bill from a 50.00. In his eyes, he thinks it is just a dollar. My dad calmes me, and tells me to not get so angry with him. He says this is a good learning lesson for conner. I decide to get some sleep that night. I would go to the school and talk to his teacher the next morning. I really wanted to have her talk to jordan to figure this out. The next morning, as i dropped conner off..his teacher came running. She had gotten my emails but had been in meeting all night and couldnt get back to me. But she did say that she hadnt known about any of this until jordan and her mom showed up at school the day b4. They had showed up after school and she though that was kinda strange. Then lil jordan handed Mrs. Haynes the torn $50 bill. Jordans mom said that conner had given this to jordan as a gift and that she needed to get it back to him. Thank goodness for a parent with good sense. It was soo nice to be able to get that $50.00 bill back. I am soo thankful that banks accept torn bills and they will replace them for you. Conner wrote letters and called his grandparents with a very tearfelt apology. I knew he felt horrible. I was soo happy that it worked out.

Now that it is all said and done, Jesse and I laugh about this all the time. I mean really.. all the boy wanted to do was to try to impress the girl. And the fact that he shared the other half with his brother, made us laugh even harder. At least, he wasnt being selfish and he was sharing really well. ahahahaha! I am just soo glad that we can finially all laugh about it. I have a feeling this is the start to many many many many more stories about my lil handsome man and one of his many "crushes!".

0 comments: