CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Favorite Job in the WOrld!



I love being a MOM! In honor of mothers day, I wanted to write about all the things I love about motherhood.

****I LOVE LOVE LOVE the two little bundles of joy that were sent to me.

****I love little gavinator's sporadic, I never know when they are coming kisses. I
love that when he does kiss my cheek he tries to be soo soft and gentle. Then, after I get his special kiss on my cheek, he asks me if it made my heart smile!

****i love the special way we say i love you to each other. WE use a really deep voice and say "I love LUUUU". the boys get a kick out of it every time

****I love that my con man is sooo sensitive to others feelings. At night we do family snuggle time on the couch. Gavin of course is a TOTAL momma's boy and has to be planted on my lap. I think he does this so he can play with my hair. The sad part is, alot of times it takes jesse begging gavin to sit my him. Gavin will usually go snuggle for about 5 minutes with daddy..until he realizes jesse's hair is too short to play with! ahahaha. Conner doesn't ever want to make his daddy feel left out, so he always plants himself right in between jesse and I. The cute part is he always has one hand on jesse and one hand on me. He gets as close to jesse as possible..but he also always has a hold of me too! It melts my heart.

****I love being being the one they run too when they are hurt. I love soothing an owie with a little kiss, and then suddenly it is all better

****I love being that order for us to be a mother it requires us to be selfless. This is something i LOVE!

*****I love hearing my "babies" (though they are not so much babies anymore)sit and talk and giggle and be best friends.

***I love having my sweet conner show me all his AMAZING CREATIONS he does. IT could be anything from his totally amazing lego creations(which let me tell u..this kids got some talent for Lego's. He can build the most amazing battle "star wars ships". I think they even turn out better than the ones you buy in the kits. He is also suuper creative. When he gets his homework projects that require him to really think outside of the box with his own ideas...they BLOW ME AWAY! he can create some amazing things. I will do a future post about some of these super amazing creations that i want to make sure i document.

****ill admit it..i even occasionally love the squabbling the boys do...it makes me laugh to see how fast they can go from being the best of friends to mortal enemies within a split second!..but when it is all said and done..they forgive soo easily and go back to being the best of friends.

***I love the minute conner wakes up, he could go hours without eating..and be fine..but the minute gavin wakes up..he has to have food RIGHT THEN. The minute little gavins eyes open..he needs his "breakfreast"

*** i love love love the way gavin sings to me ALL THE TIME! he loves to sing. He will be anywhere and just belt out his favorite songs (aka. iron man, batman, starwars are 3 of the most popular ones he belts out)..there is also his favorite primary song and the special mothers day song he sang for me. They melt my heart.

This is how the mothers day song went that he sang to me:
There's a special lady that I know, I like to call her mommy
m-o-m-m-y m-o-m-m-y m-o-m-m-y I like to hug my mommy!
I love how he will sing it to me a billion times a day!

***I love kissing my boys cheeks every night before bed at least a million times. They have the bestessst kissing cheeks EVER! And I also love how I can whisper in their ear how much I love them and no matter how deep asleep they are..i always get a quiet i love you back!

Oh man i could go on for days about all the reasons i love being a mommy!

I want to also take a second, and thank my super, amazing, awesomely, Rad, MOMMY!Thank you mom for being such a "special lady that i know, i like to call her mommmy...m-o-m-m-y..m-o-m-m-y m-o-m-m-y...i like to hug my mommy" He hehe..i thought i could be as cute as gavin and attempt to sing that to you! Mom, thank you for being the best mom i could ever have. U are such an amazing example to me! I really cannot put into words how much I love you. Happy mothers day mom!

And one more shout out to my super amazing MIL! Dayna..I am one lucky girl to have such an amazing mil like you! I am soo glad that we get to have that amazing relationship. I really do love and appreciate all u do for me and my family! happy mothers day Dayna!!!

I am soo grateful that my hubby made this a special mothers day for me! I meant soo MUCH TO ME. Thank you jesse for keeping my spirits high on this mothers day! I know that i am going to be facing aLOT of change. Things have been quite stressful and not easy ...but what I do know, is that I LOVE BEING A MOMMY!

Whats your favorite part about being a mommy?

3 comments:

Dayna

Hi,
It is fun being a Mom. And when your kids get big and start taking care of you, it is awesome. I love their hugs too.
I love spending time with you. You always make me feel so special. I love spending time with your kids. they are awesome.
I used to hate Mom's day because it is a reminder of what a bad Mom I was, but I love being a Grandma. It is the best ever.

Thank you for your kind words.
Dayna

Tonya

Shauna, you're awesome! So, what do I love about being a Mom besides all the neat-o things you already mentioned? Hmmmm, how about I love it when my Sophia and Eli come home from school and say, " Mom, you didn't ask me something." I always know that that means I am supposed to ask them what they got for hot lunch. It makes me laugh. And I love that when Sophi recognized I was cold yesterday she went and got me a blanket. I love that Rylie is so helpful around the house and she makes good choices and is doing awesome in school. I love that Ivy begs me to read her a story every night and that it's usually the same story I have been reading every night for the last three weeks. And she is just as delighted as the first time I ever read it to her. I to LOVE being a Mommy:)

Matha Trigg

Shauna!!! I promised I would write a comment on your blog, but Im not sure waht to write since I'm not a mom yet...makes it more difficult. However, this week I am filling in for my mom and I have a feeling that caring for 3 grown men is not the same as caring for your own childre..just a guess...anyways you rock! And your boys are adorable!