CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Full Swing




So, of course spring has begun. Things have bloomed. The Grasses are growing at unbelievable rates. The grass is sooo GREEN...and.. because the freakn rains have not stopped.(literally)
Proof of what the skyes are looking like:


LAst year it had already warmed up soo fast..We had soo many really hot games. In fact i haven't been to one game this year yet where i am not all bundled up. I love the smell of freshly cut grass and fresh rain. I love hearing the birds chirp. I especially love the smell of being at a ball game. I love watching kids play sports. They CRACK ME UP! Like alot. It is the best thing EVER.

It seems, I of course am super late in posting about one of our favorite spring pastimes. BASEBALL! Well..i should reword that.. We love watching the con man play baseball.

I am not a huge fan of watching professional baseball..i mean, it is fun..but it can get pretty boring and LONG.I love being at the games live, but for sure, i do not have the time or patience of watching them on tv.

COnner's team name this year is the lightning bolts. I was laughing because last year he was the youngest by a good 3 years. Most of the players were 7 turning 8. This year he is actually one of the oldest. It is soo nice seeing the skills he has developed in one short year. I love that he is number 9!

A little ironic ..since that was his mommys number when she played sports! He is by far the fastest on the team. He will totally lap the runner in front of him like it is nothing(hehe he gets this from his mommy). He freakin has an arm and can REALLY throw that ball. The coach comments all the time about the arm he has. It is soo funny to watch, because we are trying to help him perfect his throw and aim...and sometimes he throws it sooo hard that it surpises everyone in the stands. Who knows, maybe he will be a pitcher in the future. He has become an AMAZING hitter..for reals..he can literally hit the crap out of that ball. (he gets this from his mommy) He within the last 3 games has figured out how to slide and loves doing it(he also gets this trait from his mommy.) My favorite thing about watching him play is he ALWAYS has a SMILE from ear to ear. The others parents always comment at how cute it is to see him always smiling. So it makes me happy that he is having as much fun as we are watching him. I loved playing softball and soccer growing up so that fact that my boys loves both of those things just makes me the happiest little mama EVER! I soo cannot wait until the gavinator is old enough for the rec sports. He is always wanting to be just like his big brother. I love it. I love the fact that I just want my kids to do what makes them happy...and so far baseball and soccer makes him happy:) hooray!
This year we just happened to luck out again and have red be the team color again. I love the color red and i am happy that i didnt have to buy anything special to match the uniform..we already had everything from last year! woot! love when u can save money!

I love looking at these pics of my baby boy! I may be a little bias..but i just think he is just the handsomest little fellow out there on that field.

(In his ready position 1.take note of the sunglasses. what a stud)


(In his ready position 2 getting set up to get that ball when it was hit)

(In his ready to get that kid out position! woot woot)


(i love him in the catcher gear..I think it is just too cute...too bad..conners favorite base to play is First)



(Love it when he slides. I makes me laugh because conner doesnt like that he cant slide into first..but every other base he makes sure he slides)
first picture..harder to see him slide since it is so far away.

(The closer up version)




(yes that is my child running ever so happily with a sucker in his hand)(shesh i didnt realize that..ahahaha)


And i had to include this little boooger..i just love him so. I cannot wait until we get to watch him play too!



And last but not least...this is my favorite pic EVER!
(I love this picture of my boys. Lil gavinator is always right by his brother side waiting until conner hits. This picture just make me smile!)

2 comments:

Seth

awesome pictures!!! I love the one of him sliding into third base. I agree that Conner gets his athletic ability from you because I know his dad didnt give him any

Dayna

Shauna, such cute pics. I love those boys. I too loved the sliding one. Seth didn't mean what he said. He is just jealous.