CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Sanctuary! (one of them)

When Jesse and i bought this house..we knew it had soo much potential...but we also knew we would have to put in a TON OF SWEAT EQUITY..and i mean a TON. We bought this house from a little old couple, and she had some really awful taste. Let's just say her choice of pink and teal was WAYYYYYY over used! We have been slowly remodeling..one project at a time. This summer, I really wanted to get my downstairs bathroom done.... We still have the floors to do, but that will come...eventually.

I have been visitng one of my favorite store's alot lately. I love getting ideas. It is one of my fav places to check out. Good ol' Restoration Hardware. I love their paint color pallet. Some of you may not even realize they actually sell paint. And it is heavenly!..though it is expensive. So we got a tiny sample and then we color match it through home depot (makes it soooo much cheaper.) Gotta love Home Depot! I have been in love with this one color for quite a long time know. In fact ..this color is what inspired me to do my living room the way i did. I love it! They have some freaking awesome colors. I was soo excited to get the remodel started. Not to mention, I was soo excited to have it looking purty for when we had all that company a while ago. Thanks to my awesome brother in law, James..and jesse...and a little bit of me...we got the downstairs bathroom done! I love it! This is what we did 4th of july weekend..what a fun 4th of july! hahaha! I am just soo happy it is done. It is actually enjoyable to sit and do your businessin there.(if you know what I'm saying).. It is soo peaceful...there is nothing better than pooping in a peaceful atmosphere right? And for any of you that get all disgusted here...get over it...People Poop. In fact...one of our favorite books around here is called "everyone poops!" My kids can quote it word for word. Anyhow...here are some before and afters...sorry i didn't take as many b4's..

Before:



And ..(here is the drum roll)....."The After!"

After:



8 comments:

Shawn

Beautiful! I can't say I ever pooped in this bathroom, but I absolutely loved the color! I do notice that your canvas art is missing though. Have you put it up since these pics??

Reagan Family

I love it! And I love that book. People Poop, even girls!! Love ya!

crazymamma

shawn...yes..the awesome art is up...i just had these taken these before:_) i love it..it is adorable!:)

Anonymous

It looks pretty! What is the name of that color. I love it!

Jenilyn

that is freakin awesome shauna!!! well done! you have good taste!

LCM

That is beautiful! Clearly your taste is much better.

Mom OT

AWESOME!! You guys are hired!! Love the paint color and crisp white!!!!

Mich and Nate

WOW! That bathroom rocks! I love the modling and the color is awesome! THat is a lot of work, you need to go on one of those design reality shows now. Also, I can't get enough of your family reunion pics. That looked like such a fun trip!