CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Conner's "mini me"

So for the con man's first homework assignment, they brought home these little paper people. The homework was for the moms and dads to work with their child and make it look just like them. They said you could use whatever you wanted to make the "mini me" look like your child. We actually had a blast making it. I had at first mumbled about this project because he got the assignment when i was in the middle of strep..and i had no energy to start this. Poor Jesse was slammed last week with trying to pick up the slack with work..house..kids and helping me so we just didn't get around to this.

Last night we started to work on his little guy. He was due today. Jesse and I both had a blast planning and working with Conner. Conner loved "shopping online" to pick out the shirt to wear with his camo shorts. He had a hard time choosing but decided that "star wars" was the one it had to be. He is obsessed with star wars. He was soo excited to cut daddy's old camo shorts and make them into shorts for his "mini me" *(daddy's shorts had holes and were ready to be junked anyway!) He was sooo excited to find the same "chuck taylors" he wears so he could make sure his little Conner looked just like him. We worked long and hard on this little project...and i love love love how it turned out!

The funny part...this homework assignment was due today. They wanted all the mini me's up on the board for the parent teacher conference tonight. Well, Conner returned home from school this afternoon, and I looked in his backpack..and guess who was still in there...his mini me...oppps....first homework assignment, and he forgets to turn it in. I hope this doesn't become a habit. hahahaha! It looks like mini me gets to have a sleepover in the backpack tonight...again...and tomorrow he can hopefully make it to the wall like was was supposed too!

" The mini conner!"

3 comments:

M

Oh my gosh, that is soooooo cute! You did such a good job! You deserve an A+ for sure!!!!!! I'm jealous of how creative you are...

Family

I love it!! Conner did a great job. You have great ideas.

The Bullocks

I know I wish you could have come also. don't feel too bad. I don't think it was that great of a turn out. I wish more people could have come.
so sunny doesn't have do facebook or a blog but here is her e-mail. (holmes.sunny@gmail.com)
Katie