CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day Craziness!


Update on my week of craziness:
Today, i am recovering from strep throat. Conner has had ongoing stomach pain for two days. LAst week conner and gavin had strep throat. I was hoping he was all better....then last night more craziness hit my house. It all started two nights ago when i heard someone puking. I woke up, jumped out of bed...then killed over in pain. My head hurt...my body ached..my throat felt like someone had sliced it open and poured alcohol down it...i was feeling like CRAP. I knew i had a fever and i felt like i was dying. It hit out of nowhere.

I come back to my senses to the sound of wretching. Poor con man was puking in the other bathroom. He just had strep last week, so i knew it wasn't that. He also did not have a fever or diarrhea. hummm....wierd.....must be a flu virus. Well the next morning he was playing fine. The only sign from him being sick the night before was the sign of grouchiness(lack of sleep) and not eating. The only symptom between now and then is no appetiate. He does not want to eat.

So i was in bed last night at like 700.(due to being horribly sick).. once again...i was woke up at midnight to the sound of him crying cause he was throwing up again. NO...not today!...it is the first day of school. I would feel soo bad if he missed this. He has looked forward to this day for soooo long. His stomach pains were getting worse...He is complaining about it and doubling over in pain. I touch his stomach. The first part of the night it is all around. Then as the night goes on,it is hitting the right side. I just layed awake by his side to try to calm him. I called the DR first thing in the morning...dont worry..j and i watched him all night long.

. Last night, jesse and i were soooo bummed when he was not doing soo well. He had been soo excited for this day ..we felt so bad that he might not be able to enjoy it. We were worried...Of course.. this all goes down when when our normal dr is not in the office! joy! So, we get in to see someone else. Great... The appointment was a total waste of time...(do not even get me started on that tangent)...but i was told he was not contagious. The dr didnt even really give him the time of day, but he did tell me that if he got worse during the day, the school would call us. They didnt really know what was going on. We know he is in alot of pain..but no one quite knows why. They bascially shooed us out the door.... ..I was worried it was the beginning of appendencitis. I was told if he had appendecitis then he would start vomiting alot and he would run a high fever..(great i guess i will just sit around and wait for those symptoms) What? OK.., so we leave....confused.. The Dr did mention since he hadnt thrown up since midnight, and he wasnt throwing up now ..i should try to send him and see how he did. Ok..i guess if he feels better by 1130 today i will send him. But that is only if he is not doubled over in pain like he had been.

Mr hubs and i consulted. We figured if he was going to have horrible stomach pains at home maybe he would get distracted at school and not notice them as bad. If it gets worse,then I knew the school would call us to come and get him. I felt bad cause he hadnt slept all night and was tired. oh well..Its the first day of school and he really wanted to be there to figure it all out. So now its time to get ready for school.

Why cant we all be well...please?? For at least a month? That is all i ask. REally is this too much? Ok i would like a year? a whole year of no sickies.

So today was marks the first day of school. The First day of craziness, and the first day it all begins!

We made it out the door just in time for him to catch his bus. Conner still had pain but he is excited to get to school. Poor gavin loved seeing the bus and was soo excited..that is until the bus drove off with his brother. He started crying on my shoulder. He missed conner. He wanted to go with him. This of course, along with the "im not feeling so hot" me, started to cry..I was teary ..gavin was crying..i look over and even jesse was a little teary.(even if he doesn't admit it)Our baby was on his way to school. He didnt feel great...but he wanted to give it a try... He is growing up. Life is going to get soo hectic around here. Which is alot since it is already crazy busy. My babies are getting older.

Sigh....He made it on the bus...He made it to his class...He made it back to the bus, and apparently made it home by himself.

I was told to pick him up at 240 from the bus stop. So, that is what I planned on doing. I then get this tiny knock on my door at 200. I thought ? who on earth could that be?...conner should not be here for another 40 min. I open the door to see his smiling face. The bus was stopped in front of my house( which normally the bus stop is on the corner of our house, just down the block) The bus driver was watching to make sure he made it in. He kinda gave me a funny look like(hey lady..this is your kids first day..why the He$* were u not at the bus stop.) I glance at the other kids one the bus...all of which are older, a few are glaring at me...I waved to the bus driver and asked conner how get got to the house.

Me: " conner. how did you get to the house? did the bus driver drop u off in front of the house?"

Conner: "nope. he dropped me off at the bus stop. I didn't see u there, so i started to run home. He turned the bus around to follow me to the house. Mommy..i was running and he was following me! He was slower than me!

Me: "oh man...I had chuckled but it was sort of a nervous chuckle. That is soo nice of him to follow you home. I am glad he watched u get home safely.(I then feel like an A-hole of a mom cause i wasn't able to meet my son at the bus stop on the first day.) Why didn't i meet him? Cause i apparently did not know school was out at 200 today. I was never told this. I had no documents to tell me this. I just assumed school was out the normal time.

I hug conner and we talk all about his first day. I then head to the phone to call the school and figure out why the heck i didn't know my kid would be here 40 min early. It was all a mix up from the beginning when the school called me a month ago to let me know he was in am kindergarten. It was a huge suprise when he had his open house yesterday. We find out he was not in am..he was in pm. That is a big difference. I would loved to have known these things b4 and been more prepared. But then i stepped back and realized i needed to count my blessings. I was soo grateful that i had not run any errends today. I was actually counting my blessings for being sick which caused me to be home- bound. Shesh.. I never thought i would be greatful for being sick. Especially this sickness..it has been he*# (if you know what im saying.)

Apparently his kindergarten teacher is new to teaching this year..and new to the school, so i think she must not have known or remembered to tell us yesterday at the orientation that school was out at 200 today. Now i know..and i can be prepared for his arrival tomorrow at 200. Oh well..things could have been aLOT WORSE! He made it through his first day! I made it through...And here is to the next wonderful school year and many more crazy stories that will come!

I love you conner..i am soo glad u loved your first day of school!..now if we can figure out this stomach thing..that would be great!:)



2 comments:

Anonymous

What cute pictures! Sorry the first day was so bad for you. I remember Brooklyn's first week at Deer Creek was early out, why? I think it makes things more confusing. I don't know why they do that. Tomorrow is Jer's first day and he is so excited.

Angelica's Family Adventures

wow! What a crazy couple of days! I hear that schools aren't good at telling kindergarden parents much! Alot of parents just figure it out for themselves.
Has Conner been pooping regularly?