CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spiffy Spring Cleaning

So the last one and a half weeks have been filled with MAJOR DE JUNKING! I mean MAJOR! My supper suuper Awesome MIL came out from Cedar city to help. And, I must say I am soo grateful that she will just get in there and help wherever. I am soo glad she is not afraid to work. I was all geared up to conquer my first ever garage sale.

Here my list of my insane prepping that had to take place in order toget ready for this beast.

*getting rid of 90% of my playroom..toys..furniture...more toys..and did I mention how many more toys.
*switched out my dressers and put them in the boys room.(At least now their bedroom can FINALLY LOOK COMPLETE..)
*emptied boys old dressers so i could sell them in the G sale
*dejunked boys room
*Dejunked Guest bedroom
* dejunked my bedroom. This is a HUGE FEET. We Put up the uglyish dressers I had stashed away. I had gotten them free sometime ago, since I gave the boys my dressers, I needed something to hold my clothes in.
*Dejunked the entire upstairs (which meant going through every room..every closet...EVERYTHING)There was not a square inch we didn't get our hand's into.
*moved furniture to and fro
*went through mass mounds of clothes to sell and also price
*sorted through a bazillion shoes of all sizes to sell
*spent hours and hours pricing things out for the Gsale
*made signs..and put them up
*did i mention how many hours we spent just sorting and pricing things out
*cleaned out the garage to prep it for the mass amount of stuff that i had accumulated to sell.
*organized the garage with all our loot
*made a g sale Ad for craiglist.
And all this was done in just 3 VERY VERY VERY long days. We probably did a months worth of work in 3 days.

(the "loot" all in the garage.. it just needed to be organized)




And like the ole saying says "if you build it...they will come". I found this to be true.
The first garage sale was a huge success. We sold, between Friday and sat, about 2/3rds of what we put out. The only low part was the "poop stain" (use this instead of a curse word) who actually stole from our garage sale. And what torques(use this instead of pisses, me mommy and mil are not huge fan's of the word pisses) me off even more about that low life, was now we cant sell what i was trying to for the price i was trying to, because it is missing its main component. Some people I tell you.. I mean i have had and am in some pretty bad and hard times..but i would never steal from a garage sale..i mean i try to knickle and dime them but NEVER would i steal. Then Sadly..(I am sure from all the stress and lack of sleep and endless hours I put into this and everything else i do in life)...I ended up with some nasty illness so that kinda put a damper in weekend. Trying to run the Garage sale with a fever and a horrible sore throat is not my idea of fun.

My poor Mil has had to deal with not only the above stuff this week but also these things as well. I think she deserves a trophy.

* sickies.
*me and gavin whiny with fevers
* a certain little boy who kept us up ALL night sat night with a horrible cough/fever
*me with no make up on for what feels like a thousand days in a row.
*me with no make-up
*an insane case of pink eye with a vengeance
*me with no makeup some more, then my face broke out like crazy due to all my stress..so i am sure that this is not the best combo.
*more whining due to the sore throat of mine not going away, and my eyes that were so red and itchy and gooey. Last night, I wanted to poke them out, which tells u how bad the itchiness/soreness was.
*me with a few occasional melt downs due to my insane stress load.
*me finially putting my white flag up, and I got my arse into the DR. last night was the last night i could handle of my stupid illness. I am going to knock this strep throat and pink eye out.
*trying to deal with me and dejunking this entire house while not feeling well= grumpy me
*lots of dejunking decisions on whether we keep or not keep something
*lots of strong willed people in this house..me..jesse..the kids..to name a few
*lots of time being "caged" as I call it in the house
*more dejunking of the downstairs
*and she will have to endure another insane few days as we try to get ready for Garage sale #2...

We can do this again...and this time my antibiotics should kick in, so I should be a garage saleing machine but this time not a sick one!

(proof of our our work)





ITS ON!!!!

2 comments:

Tonya

Look at all that organizing you awesome girl. Holy schmoly about all the illness! Thank goodness the MIL was here to help you out. So sorry you've had the cruds. I hope your garage sale number 2 is awesomely schmawsemly:)

Unknown

You are a brave soul to take on so much in so little time! I hope that sale 2 goes as well as the first, minus the stealing! Love you!