CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Toothpaste Anyone?


So this morning while I was enjoying my day off by cleaning my lovely house. I was waiting for little gavinators ride to come get him for preschool. I had asked him to go brush his teeth and then I got back to cleaning my kitchen. I finally looked at the time and realized that lil gav had been gone a LONG TIME brushing his teeth. He usually will brush...swish his mouth wash and then run back down to keep me company. Well I called out to him and then he came down.. I freaked OUT!!!

He had toothpaste ALLL OVER HIM!...well at least it didn't get in his hair..it was just all over his clothes. I asked him what he did, and he told me he didn't remember. "Ya right", he knew he did something naughty but i could was trying not to laugh because he was trying to sweet talk me right out of going upstairs to see the damage. .

I wish i had time to look at what the war zone might look like but then i hear the doorbell, and realize his ride for school is here. I quickly get him REdressed for school. I wish i had gotten a picture of the clothes.

He leaves, and I realize that my whole house smells like toothpaste. So off to school he went, and off to the bathroom I went. Its a good thing he was at school.

AT first I was sooo mad. REALLY?? Really?... The whole room upon walking in smells like this lovely minty freshness. Then, I see the towels on the ground that clearly he had used to try to "clean" up his mess. They are covered in toothpaste. I see the sink that he had soo nicely finger painted creations all over..and then i see the lil piles of toothpaste that he spilled in the sink...LOVELY..just LOVELY!

I then started to laugh.. that makes it another good reason that he was at school. I am soo glad he didn't see me react to this mess with laughs. I don't want him to think this can happen on a daily basis, because mommy "thought it was funny"...but it was funny to see that even though my "baby" has alot of grown up moments lately...this reminded me that he is still only 3..and he still has those naughty I just need to get into mischief moments! I soo love this mischief maker!

I had to snap some shots of him when he got home from school with him by his mess. Though, i was not showing him how funny i thought it was, I did give the normal mom lecture and explained why this is not ok..

The pictures will explain it all..I went in there ..he is pointing to what he had done,...he then rolls his eyes at me when I tell him that this is not ok to do...and then he give me one of those super cute faces that i couldn't resist snapping a shot of..












I just wish the pictures did Justice to the mess.

Ps: don't let ur eyes think we actually tiled out bathroom pink...no we didn't...it came that way....i know, i know, It is Horrific..One day it will be replaced.

3 comments:

Tonya

What a cute little stinker! That is funny. I often go through the same emotions. Mad then laugh then take pictures:0) See, he gave you the perfect blog post! It was great talking to you the other day. I still need to give you some dates so we can play!!!

Shawn

I don't know what it is about toothpaste that draws little kids to it, but I think all kids have the urge to squeeze out as much as they can before they get caught. The toothpaste companies need to make child proof caps to reduce the temptation to eat it and paint with it!!

Little Gavin is so stinking cute! Who could possibly get mad at that face?!

Dayna

Shauna,
Thank you for sharing. That is so funny. Gavin is so cute, I am excited to see them again.

Love ya lots,
Dayna