CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

MY BABY IS GROWING UP!!



So i have deep down known that my little baby is getting older..but if your a mom then you all know how it is.... I dont want to REALLY admit it yet! I am not ready for him to be such a big boy!.....he is still my little baby! Where does the time GO?

Today when MR.C was at school, I was busy trying to get the dishes done. I heard under my feet little steps..but i was soo busy trying to get the long overdue stack of dishes loaded up, that i didnt really pay much attention. My little "baby" walks up pats on my leg and says,"moomy...need you."

When i look down he is getting crocodile tears in his eys and he is looking at me with this sad little face. He is holding his arms up for me to pick him up. They way he said it, and the way he was looking at me, it just melted my heart! My little gavinator! My BABY!! (ugghhh ya..this little boy knows how to pull at the heart strings. hahah dont all little kids though!!)

So, i gather him up and hold him like he was a little baby! We walk over to the couch and have a moment. We are snuggling! This doesnt happen very often since he always has to remind me that he is not a baby. So i take a moment and sit. I am enjoying putting my busy life on hold just to sit and hold my little gavinator. All of a sudden my little guy starts up this conversation with me!

Remember this little man is just 2! well.. ok he is almost 2 1/2:)

Gavin- mommy, am i your little man?(but he says his L's and T's soo very cute)
Me- yes..you are my little man! I love my little Man! I love him very much!
Gavin- "NOOOO... mommy...I am NOT you LITTLE man..I AM YOUR HUGE MAN. HUGE HUGE HUGE MAN!!

Next part to the conversation:
Gavin-Mommy am I your little boy?
Me-Yes gav..you are my little boy.!I love that you are my little boy!
Gavin-NOOOO, MOMMY...I AM NOT YOUR LITTLE BOY... I your HUGE BOY. Huge, Huge Huge Boy. I no little boy. I no little man!!"

Oh.....i just sighed!....another reminder that my little guy is growing up right before my eyes!

My little man no longer wants to be called "little" anymore..instead of "big" the word he came up with was "huge"...so i guess I now get to snuggle my "huge man" and my "huge boy" hahaha...oh they just grow up way way way too fast...don't they??

Gasp...tears...sob sob!


11 comments:

Nicki

They get too big, too fast - I think you need to blog about that other conversation your little man had with Michelle involving the word "huge" :)

crazymamma

hahahahahahaha maybe i will!! hahaha i am still laughing!

LCM

Fiona and I are always revising when I am still allowed to do stuff. Right now, she will still sit on my lap until she is too big to fit. I can also still pinch her tushy! heehee!
I remember when your baby was brand new. We loved that visit.

tara

Oh that is so so cute! We'll remember to call Gavin "huge" boy!

Dayna

Oh, That little stick knows how to open your eyes doesn't he? I am so excited to come and see him. Tell he and Conner I am bringing some more books to read. We get to have snuggle time. I will be there soon.

Love, Grandma C.

Dayna

I meant stink. Silly grandma!!!

POND FAMILY

Oh my cute little (oops I meant HUGE) Gavin your Auntie amber loves and misses you you sooo much!!

Tonya

That is such a sweet conversation. Now I want to know what other "huge" things have been discussed. I can only guess:0)

The Bullocks

Hi, it's so funny what a small world it is. What is your last name again? I wanted to see if my Hubby remembers your husband.
I love your kids pictures they are so adorable.

Jamber

So cute! I was just thiking the same thing about Gibson the other day! It's hard to watch them grow up so fast. Well at least he is cute!

The Mac Clan

If he is that big that means we have not been to Oregon for a while. The last time we were there was when Brian couldn't figure out the car seat. Guess a trip is due.