CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Day: Dec 25, 2008

The morning of Dec 25th, 2008 was an early one for me. Ever since i was a little girl.. i have never been able to sleep on christmas morning. I remember waking up my little brother, and we would both be watching the clock slowly tick by! We could not hold our excitment in! My dad was always soo excited too, so by 4:00 we wound up in my parents room snuggling my dad with excitment. Meanwhile my poor mom was snoring away! We had a rule that as soon as 6:00 hit we could run through and wake up all of my brothers and sisters to start our chritmas morning! I am just like my dad! I get just as excited to see the excitment on my kids faces that i literally cant sleep!

On this particular morning,i was up at 5:30 laying in bed with anticipation! I didnt get to bed until like 1:00 too! I really thought that my boys would be up at the crack of dawn,so i had mentally prepared my brain for an early sunrise. I layed there and watched the clock tick away...600am...700am...800am.."Seriously, where is the world were my little boys." They are usually always up on any given "normal" day between 7:30-8:00...This morning it was starting to approach 8:30 and they still werent up! I literally was going CRAZY!! J was laughing at me!

It reminded me of my past, when my poor mom just wanted to get a little shut eye, but my brother, dad and i were too busy whispering to each other pass the time away!My mom would just laugh then as nicely as she could at 400am say to us, "please just try to sleep!"

I was just about to wake the boy's up when all of the sudden... I hear a door open. Then I hear lots of whispering.."did santa come?" "yes..yeah!!!..." santa came..yeah!" "lets get mommy and daddy"..."hurry...hurry..run!"

They both came running into our room squealing with delight!..hahaha..They thought they were ready to get downstairs..sheesh....I was SOOO READY to get downstairs!..Out of all the days to sleep in... why couldnt i have take advantage of that on this particular one!! What is wrong with me that i REALLY CANT SLEEP IN on christmas morning!

Our christmas mornings usually have a little tradition where we have everyone help make a fun christmas breakfeast. We do get to go and see what is in our stockings first..,but as far as the rest of what santa brought...well... we all get to wait until after we eat..,then do dishes...,then clean up breakfeast..,then finially we get to go in to start the festivities of the morning. Because the kids got up sooo late, we didnt even start the present opeaning until at least 9:30 going on 1000.

When i was growing up we would have been already done with a nap by this time! It was nuts. I do love this though because I feel like the fun and excitment lasts all morning long. Here are some pics of the boys and their stocking..their faces priceless! They were soo excited!!



We also have a tradition that after everything is cleaned up from breakfeast, the kids get to bust through the "wrapping paper wall". They get to run through a wall of wrapping paper to see what Santa left them. This year Mr.C was really worried there might have been coal left for him..since in his own words,he had made a "few poor choices". He hoped santa would forgive him. And he said he was trying really hard to be a better big brother! hahahaha! I love kids!

The boy's busted through the paper wall, and they were both soo full of JOY and EXCITEMENT! Santa did come!...and he didnt leave coal after all! They were sooo excited about the fun things he left for each boy. They were both sooo SHOCKED that Santa really does KNOW EXACTLY what each of them wanted! Mr.C noticed right away that santa had eaten all of the cookies we left him and he even left behind crumbs. Santa even wrote the boys a little note and left it on the cookie tray! It was on a red sheet of paper with a gold bow and they were soo thrilled by that!
Here are a few pics of the kids getting ready to run through the paper..and a few from right after!


Both kids getting ready to Run!! Echo too..she was excited too!




Look at lille Gavinator running towards his "choo chooo"..funny how Mr.C already beat him to where his stuff was!!




The morning was sooo sooo fun! We decided to make it last as long as we could, so we each did one present at a time. The kids liked doing this until, I realized sometime during present opeaning, little Gavinator went missing. J and I discovered that he would go under the tree to get a present and just tear it open without us looking! hahaha! He was the little present HOG! It was adorable! I wished my camera would have captured him in the act of doing this! I am pretty sure he opeaned most of mine ,and i am pretty sure he opeaned up all but one of J's. He had even managed to open a few that were under the tree that were left for jesse's mom and dad and his little brother and sister. Pretty sneaky little fellow! He loved,loved,loved opeaning presents this year! The two boys had a very fun morning busily playing with their new "loot"! And i had a fun morning of playing with my "loot" Thank you J for waiting at Game Stop for 4 hours just to get me WII Fit! I love it!

We had a fun filled afternoon. Then that night we went to our awesome friends/old neighbors house for a super YUMMY christmas dinner. After pigging out on the most delicious ham and potatoes. And stuffing myself full of dessert, all of us adults sat around the little fire that my friend had made, and it was just magical! The kids were having a blast playing with their friends that they hadnt seen in awhile,and i was able to just sit and enjoy the company of our friends. It was alot of fun!
We are soo blessed that we have made such wonderful friends here! I am soo blessed that i can call these friends my "family"! I am very grateful to them! I am soo grateful how all of you, came to my rescue to make sure i would be ok, and you all made sure that I could have a wonderful christmas break afterall. You all knew how bummed i was because of how the weather I felt, had "ruined" all i had planned!..but you all stepped in, and helped make us feel not soo lonely this christmas season! YOu guys really are the bestest friends in the world! thank you friends... you all know who you are! You are the bestest in the world! I love you guys!

The night sadly had to come to an end..for it was time to get the little ones ready for bed! Not only were the kids exhauseted from our fun filled day..but their poor mommy was sooo ready for bed! It had turned out to be a great christmas!

Here are a few more pics from our fun morning:







The boys loved checking out what the other boy would get..and they loved helping each other open their present!Amazing..and no fighting!!


Joey looks sad cuddling his present..but he was sooo excited! His face is soo cute cause he looks soo sad but you should've seen his little butt wagging with excitment! This dog loves to be right by the boys! They are all best friends! Wherever they are.. you can always find joey right there with them!

Mr.C giving little G a little christmas hug!


So J and Mr.C both have batman shirts..little gavinator has been wanting one soo soooo bad..I havnt been able to find him one. The only store that had them was baby gap. I refused to pay the $28.50 that the store was asking. Well, me being the bargain shopper i have become, kept checking in with the store to see when it would go on sale. On christmas Eve..i happened to be at the mall with my best friends. I checked in to baby gap and guess what!!!.... the shirt he has been wanting soo bad was on sale!! And for SUPER CHEAP!! yeah! I couldnt believe it! I ended up being able to get him 2 superhero shirts for not even close to the price they were orginially asking! I love getting awesome deals! He loves this shirt..that is all he ever wants to wear! He loves superhero's! Batman and Superman are his favorites! So now the only fight i have to deal with is trying to get him to take that shirt off!


In closing...I also wanted to tell my family that i love them all very much! I miss you all a ton and i think about you all time time! I hope that all of you had a great christmas too! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

5 comments:

Family

How fun!! There is a few things missing "US" your kids look like they really enjoyed Christmas morning. Hey are you going to Utah this summmer let me know I will plan to be there when you go.

ped crossing

Dinner was yumm-o, and it was fun to hang out. We don't get to do that nearly enough. :)

Mom OT

So cute!!! I love the excitement! J looks especially enthusiastic!!

Leanne

I love the wrapping paper wall! I might have to borrow that one! I'm glad you had a good Christmas and didn't let the bad weather get you down. :)

Betsy B.

I LOVE the wrapping paper wall. What a fun tradition. I'm sorry we didn't see you while we were up there. I'll be back though- don't you worry!