CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Tribute to Our VERY DEAR Granda Ralph

Ralph William Carter
Oct 16, 1918 - August 30, 2008










So it has been a whirlwind of emotions here at our household lately. We have had soo many changes going on with our lives, and it has just been one thing after another. J and i just got back from Ut...We went to attend the funerol for our good ol' Grandpa Ralph. We are glad we were able to get down there for the funeral, but we are both way bummed we were not able to be with the family for his last moments in this life.

He passed away at his loving daughters home(j's mom) and he was surrounded by his family. The hard part about living away from family is that fact we were not able to be there during this time. It has been really difficult on me. I grew to love this man soo much. He is one of the most amazing people i know...i am soo glad i had the time i did to be with him. I am soo lucky that j and i were able to enjoy our hawaii trip with grandpa ralph this last spring. We were truly blessed to be able to have that time we got to have with him. I have soo many fond memories of him. I could go on for days and days about his funny stories. I am going to miss him dearly. It is going to be hard not having him around the family anymore. He really did light up my life! I loved to try to make his day every time i was with him. I loved dancing with him...and i loved always getting him to shake his booty!! He doesnt just get out and shake his booty for anyone, so i am soo blessed that he would do it with me! He was such an outgoing man! And even though he didnt have all his brain power because of his strokes..he still plugged on happily with his life. He was always happy. He loved his family..He loved his "grey flannel slacks" He loved to look nice. He loved when you were all dressed up...especially when the guys would get all dressed up...he would get soo excited about their "nice shirt and tie", he would always comment that he needed to "get him one of those!" He loved to try to remember events or things he did, by getting "treasures" and putting them down his shirt. I will never forget the many halirous memories i have of this. He thought that if he could get something from where he was he would remeber it! We could go on for days about all of Grandpa Ralph's "special treasures." I am going to miss this man. I am going to miss all of his compliments he always gave to people. I am going to miss watching him always trying to make people happy.

Oh grandpa ralph... we are going to miss you soo much. He has had such an amazing run here in this life. I know that the heavens rejoiced when he was called back home on August 30, 2008. I know that it was truly an amazing reunion he had with his dear wife up in heaven. He has missed wanda soo much since her passing 3 years ago. I also wanted to let Dayna, J's mom, know what an amazing person she is. She has done such an amazing job with taking care of grandpa these last 3 years. I just want to tell her how grateful I am to her, and what an amazing person she is.

Grandpa Ralph we are all going to miss you dearly...you are "one good looking chicken" and you will be really really missed.

Take care grandpa..we cant wait to see you again!!!


me and grandpa dancing(i look horrible, oh well...it was late and we were in hawaii... dang it!:))



His resting spot in scipio, utah!!








This last picture is of Grandpa and Grandma Carter holding hands before she passed away 3 years ago..It is one of my favorites!!

8 comments:

Mom OT

Sweet Tribute!!!!! It was soo good to see you guys! I love the last pic of grandma and grandpa holing hands!!!!

Hesses Madhouse

So glad you got to attend the funeral. It's so sad when those we love have to leave us. Such sweet words you shared!

Hope life gets a little less crazy for you soon.

Oh, I made my blog public just for you. :-)

Reagan Family

I think I love grandpa ralph and I don't even know him. He sounds so amazing, as grandpa's should be! I hope you guys are doing well!!

Tonya

I never met Grandpa Ralph, but I LOVE him! I know how much you love him and I think it is so sweet. I am sorry about his passing, but I am so excited for him to be with his sweetie again. It makes me happy that you loved to dance with him. I am positive that he loved you and your family a lot, especially if you were the one he would shake his booty for:0)

Dayna

Oh Shauna,
That is the sweetest thing I have read in a long time. He loved you. You made his life happy. Thank you for writing this. It made me cry.
I love you.

Dayna

M

ahh... what a great tribute! I miss him too. Ever since he told me he'd marry me if G didn't treat me right, I just knew he was great man!!

Seth

What a wonderful piece shauna. I had no idea you could write like that. I love all the pictures of all of us in Hawaii, that was such a fun time with grandpa. I especially enjoyed all the showers I was able to give him :)

I also like that picture at the end, very touching.

taterbuganme

Thank you for your very special tribute to our dad. He was so loved by all who knew him. You will always have a special place in his heart, for your generous outpouring of love for him. Thank you for being who you are and loving those around you. We miss you.