CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

And it makes me happy!

I have two favorite seasons...spring and fall. I especially love these seasons in the amazingly beautiful Oregon. The colors are so amazing. I love when the trees bloom. As you drive into my lovely Oregon neighborhood...you get to see a ton of these....literally there is not one road you drive down and it is covered in these beautiful trees...the pictures just do not do it justice!





And it makes me happy....

.....................................................................................

Last night we dyed Easter eggs with the boys. The kids absolutely loved it this year. Sadly, last year we didn't get to dye Easter eggs since we were on a plane coming home from vacation at midnight... So this year the kids could not wait to dye their eggs! They thought it was soo cool.

Here are some pics from the fun event:

This picture set is from when we each had the "magic" crayon and we were each making something special for each other.






Conner loved being able to play around with all the different colors. Since when did Easter dyeing kits come with like 400 different colors. I swear when i was little we had 4 maybe 5. Nowadays these dang kits come with like 12 or more. It was confusing as He*$ to try and get all the colors correct and add the vinegar where needed on only certain colors and try to keep track of all of them to make sure you did it right. It was soo confusing. In fact J and i actually added vinegar to some we shouldn't have and oops those didn't turn out..hahahaha oh well..the kids did not notice, and i thought 8 colors was plenty to choose from. It was also funny to me also that some colors look like they would be just what they look like and when you bring the egg out is was something completely different. For example..the color yellow. The colored dye with the water looked green. VERY GREEN. so i told the kids it was green. Well.. out comes the egg and it is yellow..very yellow...WHAT??? Apparently i didn't listen well enough in rainbow school because the water looked green to me. Very GREEN!

It was soo cute to see the Excitement all over their Face's!






My favorite eggs were the ones we made special for each other. They were adorable!






And it makes me Happy!

4 comments:

Brett and Becca Muir

I love those trees! seeing that scenery makes me even more excited about coming to portland. Your boys are adorable, and they looked like they had a blast dying eggs. I hope you guys have a happy easter.

Brett and Becca Muir

I am coming June 12-15th. I for sure want to see you, so we will have to find a time to get together. I am so excited to come and have a vacation that is much needed.

Dayna

Hi kids,
It looks like you had a ball. The boys are darling and so are you and J.

Call, I have missed you two.
Love, Dayna

LCM

Am I a bad mom that I have never decorated Easter eggs with my girls? They get awesome baskets and Easter Bonnet cupcakes/cookies, but the mess of the decorating makes me run!