CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 27, 2009

R.I.P Rad Red HAIR!!

The night it all began!!WOOT!


The aftermath!!

For those of you that follow on facebook..then you know that i highlighted the coolest red into my hair. It looked soo good. I absolutely loved the look. I was very lucky to have my sis in law here to do it for me..I loved it! Well, sadly i had to remove the red last night. I was soo bummed! (this is where you shed a tear with me)

Why change only a week after you put in in? And why do you change if it looks AWESOME??
...drum roll please...well...Apparently at my work I found out the sad way...you cannot have "unnatural" colors put into your hair. I was pretty bummed.

So that got me to thinking about this tangent...I really thought this was kinda of a joke. I mean this was "unnatural"..but it still looked classy. Here is another reason why it torqued me off....(these people exsist at my work)How about someone who has dark dark brown hair and spills peroxide on their roots,so you have bleach blonde on top and dark dark brown on the bottom..then they get dark roots from the grow out and it looks HORRIBLE...REally..are they telling me that is "natural" REAlly?? Well apparently it is "natural" because they get to keep their hair and i don't. Or what about "Burgundy"? since when did that color become a "natural" color? there are plenty of people at work with that color also..and if you ask me...i dont feel it is "natural" and they get to keep it...Or the other tangent i had was what about piercings. I work at a VERY high end club. Piercings are absoutly not allowed. Well i must say that i have seen quite a few co-workers sporting all sorts
"facial" jewelry? why are they not taking them out? Anyhow...enough ranting and raving for one post.
It pretty much bummed me out. I had been wanting to do this for going on 3 years. I finally get the opportunity to do it and then boom..i only get to
enjoy it for a week..for peet sakes..I live in Oregon! Seriously..I thought my hair actually looked classy...but due to lovely corporate America..it sadly had to go! So here is my tribute to my week long saga of red highlights! I loved it...and it
will be missed! I promise ..one day i will get my dream highlights AGAIN!!! And life will be GRAND!



Anyhow..I dont mean to rant and rage when it comes to my work. It really is a good place. Overall the job has been perfect for me. I cant complain! I guess when you work for Corporate America it is like the saying "happy wife..happy life" well for me right now,i guess it goes more like "happy boss...happy life...!"

7 comments:

Brett and Becca Muir

That is such a bummmer! I loved the red highlights on you. Hopefully you can do it again someday. I am coming to visit June 12-15, but without my hubby and daughter just me. My sister is graduating, so we will have to plan a time to get together.

Family

It looks good! To bad you could only keep it for a week. I am surprised that actually happened to you.

The Mac Clan

I am shocked. IHC didn't even blink an eye when I showed up with purple highlights.

Tonya

4evermatts
What a HUGE bummer! I totally agree with you on bad roots and burgundy also being "unnatural". Hmmmm...from the pics I saw it looked really cool:0)

LCM

You were totally working those red lights much better than people with the peroxide highlights in dark hair, what is up with that?
I also have red headed sisters and it cracks me up when I see someone who has obviously died 'red' hair. You are still cool no matter what.

Mich and Nate

What a HOAX! You rocked that red hair! Your boys are both SO dang cute..it gets me so excited to be a mama. You are such a fun mom! We need to come visit you!

The Lind's

That stinks! It looked really cute natural! :) What do you do for work?