CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"The case of the missing child"

Like most mommies I have a "must do" list I do every night before I go to bed. The night time routine ends right after I go in, and check on my boys to kiss them goodnight over and over and over and over again. I love when they are asleep. They are soo peaceful. I love to just hug and kiss them. Whatever crazies happened earlier in day and no matter how times they were put into time out..when i walk into their room to snuggle and kiss them goodnight..everything is ALWAYS BETTER! I know that all of you parents can relate to that feeling.

Well, the other night, i was soo excited to walk into the kids room and give my boys a final goodnight kiss before i went to bed..thats when I notice the light is on in their room. It wasn't too shocking actually, because little gavinator will tend to turn it on, then fall asleep and it ends up being left on until j or i go up to bed. I just don't understand how poor conner can sleep on the top bunk with the light shining smack dad in his face..hahaha!

Well,I open the door to the bedroom and i immediately start to panic...because little gavin in not in his bed. He sleeps on the bottom bunk and he is not there....I quickly start looking in the room and move all the covers to make sure he didn't turn around or go underneath all of his covers.
No Gavin in bed...(this is where he should be!!)


I scan the top bunk and it is just conner sleeping soundly...(where he should be)


I start getting really panicky! Then, out of the corner of my eye, I notice something..I look over...little gavinator....sound asleep on the DOG bed...What???...why would be you go to sleep on joeys bed.???..He had curled right up and apparently he loved it cause he was OUT COLD!!! And he got upset when I moved him because joey at that point wanted to get get into his bed himself....




The next picture was from this morning...gavin wanted to hold and snuggle his doggie! (note:ignore the food all over his face hahaha) Both of my kids absoutly love joe..and they cant get enough of him!


6 comments:

Nicki

I'm dying - that one's going in his wedding video FOR SURE!

Angelica's Family Adventures

man, I hate it when they scare you like that. Funny, happy ending!

M

That is so funny and so adorable. I love that picture of Gavin and Joe the next morning too.

Family

what a cute story. I love the pictures of Gavin and Joey.

tara

haha! He is so cute! I love that pic of him and Joey..Joey is the best dog snuggler ever.

Mich and Nate

Oh my gosh, I would be freakin too! The best part of the whole story is that Gavin is sleeping giving a peace sign in one of the pics...I was dying laughing! I love reading all your stories, you seriously crack me up!