CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

psycho therapy!

Ok..So i thought this was pretty funny. As most of you know J and i own 3 franchises refinishing kitchen cabinets and harwood floors. And so i get the awesome privilege of taking all of our phone calls, booking our estimates, booking our jobs and just try to keep things in order for J. Well, i always use this super cheesy extra nice voice when i answer our phone calls. Most of the time J tells me that he has had people offer me jobs right and left to be their secretary too...apparently they love my phone voice which i think is pretty funny. Maybe i ought to go into 1-900 business...hahahahaa that was only a joke! Anyways this last few weeks have been super busy for the business which is good but at time can be very stressful. And to make matters a little more crazy my 4 year old Mr. C broke his leg and has a cast from his toe to his hip. So basically i have to help meet his every need and it can be trying. Especially when i am on the phone with a customer and i have Mr. C screaming that he needs me, and then Little G starts in on the screaming too just because his older brother is so why cant he. So today this is how this special call that i got happened.
The phone rings...i need to answer ..Little G is already screaming every time i leave the room..he is having major separation anxiety. I think Mr. C is good because he is sitting in front of yet another movie. I decide to take this call...I give our introduction, find out what this customer needs and proceed to try to book his estimate. Well, all this guy can hear in the background is Mr. C SCREAMING my name over and over and then Little G starts in crying his little brains out because his mom has disappeared out if his sight. I kindly let the gentleman know that i have a 4 year old who broke his leg and so therefore both kids are at the office today. I kindly ask him to hold so i can try to get the screaming monsters to stop...well guess what.... they don't stop and they start in louder. SO, i barricade myself into my office and plug one ear so i can try to hear this poor guy. earlier in the conversation I had asked him what his name and address was, but in the midst of the chaos i forgot. So i said to this customer, "What did you say your address was?" and woahhhh..i triggered something in his mind. And he let me know about it for seriously 35 minutes...and my kids are still screaming and i am afraid that Mr. C has probably peed himself or something since he cant get to the bathroom and he will not stop screaming. I being the awesome person i am listen to this guy for no joke 35 minutes as he is explaining to me that when i use the past tense like when i asked what his address "WAS" and not said "WHAT IS" your address that is makes it seem like i don't care. he went off forever on psychology 101 and said i would get alot more business it i would just rephrase things differently. I honestly didn't think two second about it but i tell you it was really quite funny and interesting. Apparently he is some psychology major dude and so he wanted to help me get into the minds of our customers. So as i listened to him i was becoming a little irratated because i still am afraid that Mr. C has wet himself and i just wanted to get what should of taken 5 min to schdule scheduled and over with, so i could tend to my son and make sure he is ok. After i hung up with him i was pretty frustrated and apparently i was breathing heavy. Well little G caught on to that and i couldn't stop laughing because J asked Little G, "what does mommy say? and then Little G starts making this grunting noise that was totally the way i sounded..it was pretty dang funny. But next time i get a call, i can make sure in the midst of the chaos in this house, and trying to run a business, and tend to children, that i make sure i do not use past tense with our customers because dang it i dont want another 35 min lecture!

4 comments:

M

Welcome to blogging. LOL. That was REALLY, REALLY funny!!!!

Reagan Family

Shauna,

Hooray!! Nick said he talked to you the other day on face book and I was so jealous! I can't believe how long it has been! Hello we seriously need to chat or something! Here is my email address as well anniezreagan@gmail.com and you know my blog..not that I blog that much but still. I hope all is well and I will be in touch soon!! Love ya,
Annie

Nick and Amera

Shauna! I thought I would only see you on FAcebook! come to bloggin sweet thing, its much more fun over here! Hey, lets keep in touch! I love to hear from you!
Amera
www.teamjarvis.blogspot.com

Tonya

You helped get me interested in blogging and now I am totally addicted! I have to tell myself that before I can blog I need to pay the bills, do the laundry, pay attention to my kids, and do anything else that is pressing and then I can blog. Rylie says I have a new toy and that I have to set my priorities just like I make them(the kiddos) set their priorities. She's right! Oh the wisdom of a 9 year old:0)By the way...you are in Hawaii right now and yes, i'm still in Oregon. Hope you're having a blast.